PRT Atmore is currently under construction and will offer standard containerized pine seedlings for plantations in the Southeast United States for the 2017/2018 planting season, including:
- Longleaf Pine (Native, Piedmont and Improved)
- 3rd Generation Loblolly Pine
- Improved Slash and Shortleaf Pine
The PRT Atmore nursery will employ hard plastic growing trays, pivot irrigation with standard Trail construction, standard seedling box packaging and specilize in:
- Longleaf containerized plug seedlings. PRT Longleaf containerized seedlings will be available with both coastal and montane seed progeny.
- Loblolly containeriezd plug seedlings. PRT Loblolly containerized seedlings will be available with 3rd generation seed progeny.
- Slash and Shortleaf containerized plug seedlings. PRT Slash and Shortleaf seedlings will be available.
Plant hardiness zone 9b
4+ million plug seedlings
Directions and Maps
PRT Atmore is situated at the former state of Alabama E.A. Hauss nursery site which is 4.5 miles north of the Atmore casino on Highway 21. On the cross roads of the Hauss Nursery and Ross roads. The nursery is lcoated close to Interstate 65.