PRT Harrop grows all commercial tree species planted in Canada and the western United States. The nursery offers a full range of standard seedlings and related nursery services, including:
- 1+0 and 2+0 container-grown seedlings
- Brush Buster™ seedlings
- Nutri-plug™ seedlings (contains controlled-release fertilizer)
- Christmas tree liners
The nursery specializes in the following container-grown seedlings:
- Seedlings for summer planting. 1+0 and 2+0 crops from custom growing programs that provide well-conditioned seedlings for summer planting.
- 2+0 container-grown seedlings. The mild climate and consistent snow cover in winter provide an ideal environment for 2+0 spruce seedlings. These well-conditioned, robust plants provide excellent value, especially for sites subject to vegetative competition and/or snow press. They are typically used for summer planting on sites where moisture is not limiting, but can also be used for spring planting if grown in large containers.
- Difficult-to-grow crops. PRT Harrop also specializes in difficult-to-produce crops such as western red cedar and western white pine 1+0 and balsam 2+0 (Abies lasiocarpa).
Plant hardiness zone 5/6
18.5 ha (45 acres)
14 million container-grown seedlings
Directions and Maps
PRT Harrop is located 25 km (15 miles) northeast of Nelson, BC, on the south shore of the West Arm of Kootenay Lake at Harrop. It is 100 km (60 miles) north of the Canada/US border, and easily accessible via Idaho or northeastern Washington.