PRT Summit is located in the Bulkley Valley in the sub-boreal spruce zone in north-central BC. The nursery grows coastal and interior species for spring, summer and fall planting, including amabilis and subalpine fir, interior and Sitka spruce, lodgepole pine, western hemlock, and western red cedar. The nursery offers a full range of standard seedling products and related nursery services, including:
- 1+0 and 2+0 container seedlings
- Nutri-plug™ seedlings (contains controlled-release fertilizer)
- Brush Buster™ seedlings
This nursery specializes in the following products:
- Seedlings for summer planting. We offer custom-growing programs that provide reliable, well-conditioned seedlings for summer planting.
- 2+0 container seedlings. With a climate ideally suited to the production of 2+0 seedlings, this nursery produces well-conditioned, robust plants. These seedlings provide excellent value and are well-suited for sites subject to vegetative competition and/or snow press. They are typically used for summer planting on productive sites where moisture is not limiting, but can also be used for spring planting if grown in large containers. We also offer 2+0 seedlings grown at other PRT nurseries that have favorable climates for overwintering.
- Difficult-to-grow species. We have developed expertise in growing quality crops of difficult-to-grow species such as true fir (Abies amabilis and A. lasiocarpa).